Proposal Stage of Development: Detailed Business Case Underway
Planned Stage End Date: Q2 2017
Date of Publication: June 2017 (for period 4 December 2016 – 3 June 2017)
Ageing assets at Atherton Hospital are contributing to inefficiencies in workflows and reducing the hospital’s ability to respond to changing service requirements. The hospital faces a lack of appropriate facilities and amenities required to meet the growing healthcare requirements of an ageing population.
The proposal is investigating upgrades to the Emergency Department and operating theatre.
The project is expected to:
- reduce operating costs
- improve service delivery to meet the needs of the population locally, reducing the impact on the other facilities in the HHS region
- improve hospital environment for patients, visitors and staff
- enhance recruitment and retention of staff
- increase access to a range of clinical services
- enhance disaster resilience for the Cairns and Hinterland HHS.
Complete Detailed Business Case