Proposal Stage of Development: Detailed Business Case Underway
Building Queensland Role: Leading Detailed Business Case
Estimated Cost of Delivery: $240–$260 million*
Date of Publication: December 2017
The infrastructure at Caboolture Hospital is operating at capacity in a number of areas and the hospital is facing long Emergency Department waiting times and overcrowding. The current asset condition and functionality is not supporting the efficient and effective delivery of contemporary health services at the hospital. Forecast demand, driven by a growing and ageing population and high levels of chronic disease, is expected to place further pressure on the hospital.
The options being investigated in the proposal include a combination of new build and refurbishment of existing facilities.
The project is expected to:
- increase capacity
- improve community health outcomes
- reduce travel cost for patients
- increase workforce sustainability
- improve operating efficiencies, safety and functionality of the hospital.
Complete Detailed Business Case
* A range is provided by responsible agency as a number of options are still being considered