Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary Business Case Complete
Building Queensland Role: To Lead Detailed Business Case
Estimated Cost of Delivery: $240–$260 million*
Date of Publication: June 2017 (for period 4 December 2016 – 3 June 2017)
The infrastructure at Caboolture Hospital is operating at capacity in a number of areas, and the hospital currently faces long Emergency Department waiting times and overcrowding. The current asset condition and functionality is not supporting the efficient and effective delivery of contemporary health services at the hospital. Forecast demand, driven by a growing and ageing population and high levels of chronic disease, is expected to place further pressure on the hospital.
The options investigated in the proposal include a combination of a new build and refurbishment of existing facilities. The preferred option is to construct a new outpatient building and adjacent car park, and refurbish the pediatric outpatient area to expand the Emergency Department on the existing Caboolture Hospital site.
The project is expected to:
- improve community health outcomes
- reduce travel cost for patients
- increase workforce sustainability
- improve operating efficiencies, safety and functionality of the hospital.
Commence Detailed Business Case
* A range has been provided by the Responsible Agency as a number of options are still being considered.