Proposal Stage of Development: Preliminary Business Case Underway
Building Queensland Role: Assisting With Preliminary Business Case
Estimated Cost of Delivery: To be determined*
Date of Publication: June 2017 (for period 4 December 2016 – 3 June 2017)
Sharing relevant information at the right time is critical to the safety and wellbeing of at-risk children and young people, as well as to maintain confidentiality of information.
Despite significant resources being spent on maintaining and upgrading the current Integrated Client Management System (ICMS), several opportunities for improvement have been identified. The technology is reaching the end of its useful life and integration with new technology (e.g. Windows operating systems and productivity tools) is becoming increasingly complex. Furthermore, there are opportunities to enhance information sharing capacity with other government and non-government organisations.
The proposal is investigating tranches of work to improve the delivery of frontline child safety and youth justice services for at-risk children and young people living in Queensland. In the current stage, solutions are being analysed with prototypes from vendors being considered.
The project is expected to:
- improve capacity for more integrated, informed, prioritised and targeted service delivery to meet clients’ core needs
- combine cross-system targets and outcomes to improve collaboration amongst service providers
- improve outcomes for children and young people, their families and the community
- improve value for money in achieving business objectives, as service providers will be able to spend more time on individualised service delivery.
Complete Preliminary Business Case
* An estimate will be provided once the proposal has been developed further.