Proposal Stage of Development: Detailed Business Case Complete
Planned Stage End Date: Not Applicable
Date of Publication: June 2017 (for period 4 December 2016 – 3 June 2017)
The infrastructure of Kingaroy Hospital is ageing and struggling to meet modern day health service standards. The current condition of facilities and working environments has impacted the ability to provide suitable health care to the community. The growing and ageing population has increased demand for overnight beds and designated beds for mental health patients.
The proposal is assessing the construction of a new hospital, refurbishment of some existing buildings and demolition of buildings that are unsuitable for refurbishment.
The project is expected to:
- provide greater flexibility and improved capacity to respond to changing healthcare demand
- reduce in-patient travel times
- reduce maintenance costs
- reduce patient re-admissions and waiting times, as well as decrease average length of stay
- improve patient and visitor experience
- provide better security and privacy
- reduce Workplace Health and Safety risks
- provide more culturally appropriate treatment spaces and improved disabled access.
Queensland Government investment consideration